1 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup hazelnuts or almonds
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
2 Tbsp chia seeds
4 Tbsp psyllium seed husks (3 Tbsp if using psyllium husk powder)
1 tsp fine grain sea salt (add 1/2 tsp if using coarse salt)
1 Tbsp maple syrup (for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia)
3 Tbsp melted coconut oil or ghee
1 1/2 cups water
1. Combine all dry ingredients in a flexible, silicone loaf pan, stirring well.
2. Whisk maple syrup, oil, and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick. (If the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable.)
3. Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, all day, or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
5. Bake at 250°F for 20 minutes. Remove from pan to flip over, then bake the upside-down dough for 30 more minutes.